In 2017, the school conducted their annual parents’ survey to gather the views and feedback of parents and carers. The support of parents in taking the time to complete this survey is really appreciated as it gives us a real understanding of your thoughts and feelings about school life, helps us to measure the progress that we are making and shapes the future direction of the school.
Highlights from the 2017 survey
We have analysed the survey as a Senior Leadership Team and with governors and wanted to share with you some of the key areas of progress and also some areas for further development. You can read more about this here: Parents Survey 2017 feedback
- 100% of parents felt their child was happy at St Helen’s (up from 98% in 2014)
- 95% of parents felt their child was making good progress (up from 90% in 2014)
- 100% of parents said their child felt safe at St Helen’s (also 100% in 2014)
- 95% of parents said their child was taught well (up from 88% in 2014)
- 98% said that pupils are well behaved at St Helen’s (98% in 2014)
- 100% said that the school was well led and managed (up from 70% in 2014)
- 91% of parents said that they knew what the governors do (up from 72% in 2015)
- 100% said that they felt comfortable with approaching the school with questions or concerns (up from 86% in 2014)
- 100% said that they would recommend the school to another parent (up from 94% in 2014)
- Reception parents said that the recent changes to the reception induction period, including the shortened induction period and the home visits had been well received. We will continue to review this period for September 2017.
Some quotes from parents:
- ‘The level of effort put into teaching. Also, the arranging of extra events and activities is amazing and the school has a friendly, encouraging and supportive feel.’
- ‘The teachers are enormously enthusiastic about ensuring every child reaches their potential and it is a very happy school as a result.’
- ‘Quality of teaching, high aspirations, lots of different opportunities, the commitment of the staff and governors to improve the school.’
- ‘Pupils have a ‘can do’ attitude encouraged right through the school, as well as being taught positive values of respect and tolerance of each other.’
- ‘The school has really moved forward and has a positive, dynamic feel, whilst valuing and caring for every child.’
- ‘It’s a happy school, with good integration across the years.’
- ‘I feel my daughter is being well prepared educationally and emotionally for secondary school and beyond.’
We used an online survey company this year and we have generated a report from this data showing the responses to all of the questions. This report is available to download here: April 2017 survey
A ‘wordle’ from the ‘strengths of the school’ section of the parent survey. Words in bold are the words that appeared most from parent comments.